Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Odysseus



“Come, my friends,
’Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.”

From ‘Ulysses,’ by Tennyson

1.      One day I was walking by the sea
2.      When a wave came and took me away
3.      I found myself floating in space
4.      On board a ghost ship in a starry sky
5.      With an invisible crew of comrades
6.      We wished for a journey full of adventure
7.      Passing the straights of Scylla and Charybdis
8.      Facing the Laistrygonians and the Cyclops
9.      Confronting angry Poseidon on our way
10.  We listened to the song of the Sirens
11.  Feasting on the cattle of the Sun
12.  Falling in love with Goddesses and Mermaids
13.  Witches transformed us into swine
14.  We forgot everything in the land of the Lotus Eaters
15.  Losing any memory of the journey back.
9/6/2012
Image: The Siren Vase
[https://www.pinterest.com/pin/374713631472608651/]


No comments:

Post a Comment