Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Song for a lost summer



1.      It was one of those hot summer nights when sleep is impossible
2.      I repeatedly woke up expecting that the morning had come
3.      Only to find myself sweating in the middle of a dream
4.      Having the uncanny feeling that the night would never end
5.      I was walking in a landscape filled with strange objects
6.      Space and time seemed to have been cancelled out
7.      All the clocks had melted because of the excessive heat
8.      As if time had stopped on the edge of an infinite sunset
9.      I must have been dreaming because my bed was gone
10.  Instead there was a strange creature lying on the beach
11.  Left there stupefied after having sex with its own image
12.  In a deserted place full of ants and other irrelevant things
13.  So there I am on the same beach with the soft watches 
14.  Wondering about the true nature of space and time
15.  Lying on the burning sand melting like Swiss cheese.

1/23/2008
Painting: The Persistence of Memory, Salvador Dali

No comments:

Post a Comment